Genealogy Help

Home Forums Bukovina Forum Genealogy Help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Doug Reckmann
      Keymaster

Genealogy Help

Hi all,

I’m trying to find some traces of my family. My Name is Florian Kampani, I was born in Salzgitter where my grandfather Heinrich was settled to in 1940. He was born 1906 in Gurahumora. His father was Dominik Joseph and his mother was Franziska Hilgart. Both came from Vienna to Gurahumora earlier.

Heinrich and Dominik worked as a joiners in Gurahumora and later on in Salzgitter in Germany where they need workers for the “Herman-Göring-Werke”. I heard some rumors, that in Gurahumora was a joinery called “Tischlerei Kampani” and an alley where the joinery was located, but not officially called “Kampani Gasse”

I only have a small piece of a document of this time, with some property on it. Not in a good quality.

My Grandfather has now 5 Children and many grandchildren all placed in germany. We still have our Bukowina Tradition in our family. During Christmas we all eat the “Haluschki” together. But we don’t really know where we are coming from.

It would be very nice to know if someone knows someone, who knows someone with some information etc. etc.

Thanks in advance…

douglas121
      Participant

Florian

Franziska Hilgarth was born in Gurahumora. Her Hilgarth ancestors came from Bohemia. They were original settlers in Bori. Her mother’s ancestors were already in Gurahumora around the 1820’s.

Wenn es leichter wäre, können auch auf Deutsch schreiben.

Doug Reckmann

lucyglaser
      Participant

Iosef Kampani was the first Mayor in Gura Humorului .

He was active for 10 years 1853-1863

Oliver Ast
      Participant

Hi Florian,

according to the “The Bori Story: Genealogies of the German-Bohemian Families Who in 1835 Founded Bori in Bukovina (Now in Romania) with History of the Village and Its People” [p. 82] Franziska Hilgarth was born on 5 Aug 1876 in Gurahumora and married with Dominik Kampani.

Her father was Christof Hilgarth (*14 Dec 1835 in Bori, + 16 May 1878 in Bori). He married on 14 Nov 1864 either Magdalena Hasenöhrl or Magdalena Fernath (*~1840). [p. 81]

Grandfather was Wenzel Hilgarth I (* ca. 1800 in Bohemia, + 15 Nov 1877 in Bori). He was married with Katharina Löffelmann (* in Köppeln, Bohemia, + 30 Sept 1868 in Bori, daughter of Georg Löffelmann and Franziska).

Best regards

Oliver

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.