Buckovina Decendent

Home Forums Bukovina Forum Buckovina Decendent

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      WB
      Participant

Hi all potential relatives. 🙂

My name is Wanda Barnes. My maternal Great Grandparents both came from Buckovina (from what I have been told).

Their names were:

Ladislaus ” Claude” Koskovich (We were told the spelling in the “old” country was Kozakiewicz.)

G-G Claude was son of Alexander  and Adolphina (Snyder?) Kozakiewicz

and

Helen Koskovich (Yes they both had the same last name prior to marriage).

G-G Helen was daughter of Joseph and Pauline (Tyszynski) Kozakiewicz.

I was able to get a great aunt (daughter of Claude and Helen) to do an “Ancestry DNA” test and so I have LOTS of cousins that show up. I have spent countless hours going through the results and see MANY familiar surnames on this site.

Some names that show up real often are Sauer, Mueller/Muller/Miller, Wagner, Schatz/Schutz and many more. Many of the DNA connections show up in the Regina, Sask Canada region.

My grandparents (parents) first went to the Ellis, Kansas area before moving to Colorado then Nebraska (by the early 1900’s) and finally settling into the midwest US. (Minnesota)

My challenge is that it seems that I can identify distant connections but can’t find documented evidence of how those connections tie to my grandparents. Mid 1800’s in Solca is about as far back as I can get.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

(NOTE: If you see a “J.K”. (my great aunts user name in Ancestry) in your Ancestry DNA Connections …..we may be related!)

Thank you,

Wanda Barnes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.